Well, maybe a snide comment or two. In the news today:
- Fox News: Hospitals are making progress in reducing the spread of care-related infections.
- Reuters and CBC News: Meanwhile, thanks to the vaccination-averse among us, cases of measles hit a 15-year high in 2011 and a whooping cough outbreak is expanding in Canada's Fraser Valley.
- WTVG: Another reason to exercise: lower Alzheimer's risk.
- And from the Commonwealth Fund (via U.S. News & World Report): "One in four working-age Americans went without health insurance for at least some time in 2011. And the majority of those people—nearly 70 percent—lacked coverage for more than a year..."
- Finally, from CBS News: researchers successfully grew hair on a bald mouse.