Events - seminars, screenings and the like - are integral to most hospitals' branding and marketing efforts. And among all marketing mix elements, events could benefit most from a more strategic approach, particularly tracking event success. From Heidi Cohen and ClickZ, here's a great article that I call "The Rule Of 7s."
- 7 reasons to add events to your marketing mix, including #3:
- "Build your brand cost-effectively, either directly as the creator of the event or as a sponsor, advertiser, exhibitor, or presenter."
- 7 types of events, including #4:
- "Classes may be a fee-based line extension to provide skills to enable users to more effectively use your product or a means to encourage additional sales. Online video demonstrations also fall into this category. One great example is WordPress.tv."
- 7 ways to use social media to promote your events, including #6:
- "Enable attendee interaction through Twitter, blog posts and comments, blogs, video, photographs, and Facebook. For example, check out the highly popular NY Tech Meetup's page."
- 7 metrics to track event success, including #3:
- "User-generated content created in a variety of formats including tweets, comments, check-ins on location-based services, blog posts, photographs, and video. In addition to tracking the number of comments and uploads, assess the sentiment of the contributions to determine how they reflect on your company and brand."